Saturday, July 13, 2013

7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats

Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats

How many of you have ever tried 7 Layer/Magic Bars? I hope all of your hands are up. If you haven't I recommend checking out Dorothy's awesome list of 31 different varieties over at Crazy for Crust. Because it's the bomb. She's kinda the bomb too so you should probably check out her entire site while you're there. Or if 31 varieties isn't enough there's always pinterest. But anyways, my point is you need to try these at some point in your life. Because when they say 7 Layers what they really mean is 7 Deliciously-Overloaded-With-All-Things-Sugary-and-Buttery kind of layers. Yeah. So what better than to turn this into rice krispy treat? Exactly.

Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats

I mean, I'm not going to try and say these are better than the real thing... but these are better than the real, thing. I'm pretty sure I ate about half the bowl before it ever even got to my pan. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. These treats are all things gooey, chocolaty, chewy, sugary rolled into one.

Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats
Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats

I think mine are technically 8 layers if you look at the ingredients list... but who's counting anyways? These treats start with your basic rice krispy treat, then get pumped up with a serving of chocolate chips (antioxidants?), shredded coconut (healthy fats?), chopped walnuts (protein?), Almond Bark (more healthy protein... almonds right?...), and butterscotch chips (I can't think of any health benefit these add... but they are delicious). So there you have it. These are basically good for you right??.... Regardless they are delicious. You need to go try these ones pronto!

Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats


7 Layer Magic Bar Rice Krispy Treats
5 Tbsp butter
6 cups marshmallows
5 cups rice krispies
1/2 cup chocolate chips**

1/2 cup butterscotch chips**
1/2 cup coconut flakes (definitely toast them if you have the time)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 squares Almond Bark (vanilla flavored)


Mix together the rice krispies, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut flakes, and walnuts in a bowl and set aside. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Turn the heat down to the low and add the marshmallows. Continuing stirring until the marshmallows are all melted, slow and steady everyone, slow and steady...


Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the rice krispies. Stir lightly to combine. Dump into a lightly greased 9x9 pan and let sit 5 minutes. Then go and light press into the pan with greased hands.  Melted your Almond Bark in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one until fully melted. Drizzle all over your treats. Allow to fully cool for about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!


**I would recommend freezing your butterscotch and chocolate chips beforehand so they don't totally melt into goo when you add the melted marshmallows... although if you like goo, by all means leave them room temp


Mallow and Co: 7 Layer/Magic Bars Rice Krispy Treats


13 comments:

  1. You are the marshmallow and RKTreats queen! I love every combo you come up with! I lllooooovvvve 7 layer bars. Mmm, so good. I can only imagine how good these bars are - 2 of my fave kinds of bars, in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks! These bars are some of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! Aside from deliciousness, I think you can reasonably argue that the butterscotch chips are at least a vaguely good source of calcium, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look dangerously delicious and addictive! I sure can't stop just eating one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Which may be why I ate pretty much the whole pan ;)

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic, Summer! Pinning and sharing on Facebook! Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! These look like they would be magic! They would disappear fast at my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They disappeared fast over here too :) Thanks Lyuba!

      Delete
  6. Could I substitute something for the almond bark?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Beauty Protein Powder will nourish your body from within and give you all the nutrients you need

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...